The Hampshire County Public Library has an opening for the position of Library Clerk to perform essential patron-focused duties. This position is 16 hours per week with an additional two rotating Saturdays per month; hourly pay rate is $10.00 per hour. The person in this position will be responsible for a wide range of duties such as assisting patrons and creating programming to ensure that the library is a welcoming and informational resource for the community. Resumes and cover letters can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org This position is open until filled.
- Perform public service duties including: Providing circulation services, readers’ advisory services, reference services, assisting patrons with the use of library equipment, and other related duties that arise.
- Perform clerical work including: preparing new items for circulation, shelving materials, assisting with weeding, repairing books, open and close building, create promotional displays, and other duties that arise.
- Must be able to maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
Minimum Training or Experience: High School Diploma. High level of computer literacy and experience working with the public is preferred.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Applicants must be familiar with, or be able to learn to use, the equipment in order to perform job functions:
- Library Automation system, personal computers, scanner, etc
- Fax machine
Preferred Abilities, Experience and Education:
- Successful experience working with the public is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy is preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work in a library environment directly with the public; sustained posture in a standing, seated or walking position for prolonged periods of time; perform bending, lifting and pushing; exposure to computer screens for prolonged periods of time. May be required to lift/carry/manipulate loads of up to 40 pounds. Must have the ability to use hand trucks, books carts and similar equipment.