The Hampshire County Public Library has an opening for a part-time Maintenance Worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout the facility. This position will start at 10 hours per week until we resume our regular operations, at which point the hours will increase to 20 hours per week; hourly pay rate is $10.00 per hour. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facility is both tidy and functional. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance (replacing light bulbs, paint touch-ups, etc)
- Inform library staff when outside professionals need to be consulted
- Perform necessary cleaning activities (dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc)
- Help prepare for/clean up after events
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, lift 20+ lbs, and work with both tools and cleaning solutions.
To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2020.