The Hampshire County Public Library will be reopening to the public on Monday, March 15 with modifications to our service.
The Hampshire County Public Library will be open from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and 11:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturdays.
Patrons over the age of 9 will be required to wear a face covering in order to enter the Hampshire County Public Library, per the Governor’s order. Patrons will also be required to sanitize hands upon entering the library. Face masks will be provided to patrons who need them. Hand sanitizer will also be provided by the library, both at the front entrance and throughout the library.
If a patron is unwilling or unable to wear a face covering, they will be required to use curbside services at this time. We also ask that any patrons who are sick or share a household with someone who is sick, please not enter the building.
Available library services include: browsing adult materials, using public computers, copy/print services, access to wifi, genealogy research, and notary services. We ask that all return items continue to be placed in the drop box for quarantine purposes.
Library service modifications include:
- No more than 15 patrons in the library at a time
- Patrons may not linger
- Computer use has been limited to 1 hour per patron per day
- Library meeting room is off limits
- Genealogy room is limited to 1 patron at a time
- No public restrooms will be available
- Staff computer assistance is not available; if patrons anticipate needing computer assistance, we ask that they bring someone with them
As before, we will continue offering curbside services, including book/DVD pickup, print services, and notary services.
Subject to change at the discretion of the Hampshire County Public Library.