The Hampshire County Public Library will be expanding availability to the public, starting October 3, 2020. Our hours will be changing as outlined below and we will be expanding our patron limit from 10 to 15 at a time. We will still be requiring face coverings in order to enter the library.
The Hampshire County Public Library will be open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11am- 5pm. We will also be open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month. Our curbside hours will be as follows:
Tues & Thurs: 9am-5pm
Sat (1st & 3rd of each month; closed all others): 10am-4pm
Patrons over the age of 9 will be required to wear a face covering in order to enter the Hampshire County Public Library, both for their and other patrons’ safety. Patrons will also be required to sanitize hands upon entering the library. Face masks will be provided to patrons who need them. Hand sanitizer will also be provided by the library, both at the front entrance and throughout the library.
If a patron is unwilling or unable to wear a face covering, we ask that they take advantage of our curbside services at this time.
- No more than 15 patrons in the library at a time
- Patrons may not linger
- Computer use has been limited to 1 hour per patron per day
- Please regard social distancing rules when possible
- Library meeting room is off limits
- Genealogy room is limited to 1 patron at a time
- One (1) single-use public bathroom will be available
Changes to library services:
- Toys/games have been removed from children’s room
- Limited seating
- Newspapers are no longer available
- Meeting room is not available
- Reduced computer availability
- One hour computer limit applies to personal devices brought into the library
- No in-person programming at this time
Available library services:
- Patrons may browse the stacks
- Computer use
- Print services
- Wireless accessibility
- Genealogy room is available with an appointment
- Curbside service
- Weekly Grab & Go activity bags
- Virtual Summer Reading Program and Storytimes
As before, we will continue offering curbside services, including book/DVD pickup, print services, and notary services. We also have laptops available for outside use if patrons would prefer not to enter the library. Due to the limited access of the outdoor laptops, we do request that patrons call ahead to ensure availability or reserve a time slot.