The Hampshire County Public Library will be reopening to the public on Monday, July 20. The health and wellbeing of our community is a responsibility that we all share. We at the library are doing our part by opening at a diminished capacity, encouraging social distancing and requiring face masks when inside the library.
The Hampshire County Public Library will be open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11 am-3pm. We will continue to offer curbside services Monday-Saturday during our regular hours.
Patrons over the age of 9 will be required to wear a face covering in order to enter the Hampshire County Public Library, both for their and other patrons’ safety. Patrons will also be required to sanitize hands upon entering the library. Face masks will be provided to patrons who need them. Hand sanitizer will also be provided by the library, both at the front entrance and throughout the library.
If a patron is unwilling or unable to wear a face covering, we ask that they take advantage of our curbside services at this time.
- No more than 10 patrons in the library at a time
- Patrons may not linger
- Computer use has been limited to 1 hour per patron per day
- Please regard social distancing rules when possible
- Library meeting room is off limits
- Genealogy room is limited to 1 patron at a time
- One (1) single-use public bathroom will be available
Changes to library services:
- Toys/games have been removed from children’s room
- Limited seating
- Newspapers are no longer available
- Meeting room is not available
- Reduced computer availability
- One hour computer limit applies to personal devices brought into the library
- No in-person programming at this time
Available library services:
- Patrons may browse the stacks
- Computer use
- Print services
- Wireless accessibility
- Genealogy room is available with an appointment
- Curbside service
- Weekly Grab & Go activity bags
- Virtual Summer Reading Program and Storytimes
As before, we will continue offering curbside services, including book/DVD pickup, print services, and notary services. Starting July 20, we will also have a laptop available for outside use if patrons would prefer not to enter the library. Due to the limited access of the outdoor laptop, we do request that patrons call ahead to make sure that it is available or reserve a time slot.